Several weeks ago, I posted an entry on why temp-to-perm may not yield the best hire. In that post, I recommend getting a temporary immediately and simultaneously beginning your search for your full-time employee. And if the temporary works out to be THE person, that’s great – you can address the option of converting that individual when the need arises.
Here are a few benefits of bringing in a temporary, and then making a temp-to-hire conversion:
Benefits of Temp-to-Hire Conversions
- Working interview. You can evaluate characteristics of the temporary employee that can’t easily be observed through a traditional interview, such as: ability to follow directions; culture fit; quality of work; work ethic; ability to multi-task or work under pressure.
- Reduced hiring time. Our temporary employees have been pre-screened and qualified to match the needs of your opening. This may reduce your recruiting and interviewing time, so you can focus on other priorities.
- No obligation to hire. When you use a temporary employee, you are not required to hire him or her.
- Evaluate long-term hiring need. If you’re considering hiring to address recent growth or a newly created position, bringing in a temporary gives you the opportunity to verify that the position is absolutely necessary – before adding to your permanent headcount.
- Decreased legal exposure. If a temporary employee isn’t working out, you can end the assignment at any time. Because the candidate remains an employee of your staffing service, your legal exposure is minimized.
- No advertising restrictions. Bringing in a temporary employee does not preclude you from advertising a position elsewhere, or conducting your own search for a full-time employee.
Increase Flexibility and Security with UNITEMP
Our temporary staffing services and temp-to-hire conversions provide your organization the flexibility to address market fluctuation. They also provide the security of evaluating your need for a direct hire before making a full-time commitment. Contact us today to learn more about this staffing service for New Jersey employers.