Before you click the “Submit” button to upload your next job posting, consider the following:
- Make sure the title accurately describes the position. Consider including common keywords qualified applicants are likely to use when searching for an opening.
- Provide a comprehensive list of skills and qualifications. Differentiate between those that are required, as opposed to desirable.
- To reduce the submission of unwanted résumés, be clear about: salary range; start date; years and type of experience necessary; essential certifications; and required tests and/or background checks.
- The Internet has created a global workforce. Make sure you supply details about where the job is located, and whether or not telecommuting is possible.
- Provide clear instructions for application. Give candidates multiple methods of applying. Be sure to list e-mail address, fax number, mailing address and the contact person’s name and job title.
- Include preferences or equal opportunity statements.
- When posting to multiple sites, assign unique job codes for tracking leads. This step will help you monitor the quantity and quality of leads coming from each site.
- Keep in mind that if you send an announcement to an e-mail list or newsgroup, it will likely be picked up by any number of websites and forwarded, re-forwarded, etc. – and you will have no ability to control the accuracy or content of these listings.
- Don’t use all caps in your posting online. It is the printed equivalent of YELLING. (See?)
- Copy and paste from a simple text editor, and avoid special codes or characters used in word processing software.
- Always, always proofread for content and check your spelling.
If a hiring need has created a gap in your workforce, UNITEMP can help. We can provide temporary staff to ensure adequate coverage and ease the transition process while you’re conducting a direct search on your own. As a leading New Jersey staffing firm, UNITEMP has the candidate network and resources to quickly and accurately meet your temporary staffing needs. Contact us today to learn more.